Who do you want to be? What do you want to do?
High School should be a time in life when kids begin exploring potential careers, but instead they spend long school days wading through subjects like algebra and literature - subjects with little relevance to real-world work. Instead of such subjects, kids need practical, hands on, real-world inspired experiences to help them try on careers and see how they fit.
Think you might want to be a doctor? Be one in simulation. Talk to simulated patients. Do some lab work. Read an MRI. Diagnose their illnesses.
Think you might want to be a software developer. Work in a team to develop a mobile smartphone app.
Engines for Education now offers a wide-range of real-life inspired, simulated job experiences (and more are on the way). In as few as 2-3 weeks full time, kids get real world opportunities and a true sense of what a career in a given field might be like. Check out the experiences available now:
- Website Developer: Build an Informational Website
- Mobile Web Application Developer (Prerequisite: Website Developer; 4 week course)
- eCommerce Developer: Build an Online Store
- Website Developer: Help Users Find Your Site (Prerequisite: Website Developer or eCommerce Developer)
- Data Analyst: Help a Web Business Understand Customer Behavior
- High-Tech Entrepreneur: Brainstorm Product and Business Ideas
- User Interface Designer: Understand User Needs
- User Interface Designer: Test and Improve Website Usability
- Computer System Administrator: Protect a Company's Site from Hackers
- eCommerce Business Strategist: Plan an Online Business
- Business Consultant: Save a Company in Trouble
- Project Manager: Deliver a Big Project On Time and On Budget
- Internal Medicine Physician
- Sports Medicine Physician
- Nutrition Advisor
- Medical Detective: Solve a Murder
- Genetic Engineer: Develop a Non-Allergenic Cat
- Epidemiologist: Stop the Outbreak of a Contagious Disease
For more information on our simulated job experiences, please email us at CareerChoices@Engines4Ed.org.